Scylla Manager 2.0
The Scylla Manager team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla Manager 2.0.1, a production-ready version of Scylla Manager for Scylla Enterprise and Scylla Open-Source customers. Scylla Manager is a centralized cluster administration and recurrent tasks automation tool.
Manager 2.0 brings two major features to the Scylla Manager:
- Recurrent Backups to AWS S3
- Scylla Manager Agent
Scylla Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade to Scylla Manager 2.0 in coordination with the Scylla support team.
- Download Scylla Manager and Scylla Manager Agent for Scylla Enterprise users
- Download Scylla Manager and Scylla Manager Agent for open source users (up to 5 nodes)
- Scylla Manager Docker instance and example
- Scylla Manager 2.0 documentation
- Upgrade from Scylla Manager 1.4 to Scylla Manager 2.0
- Upgrade from Scylla Manager 2.0.0 to Scylla Manager 2.0.1
- Submit a ticket for questions or issues with Manager 2.0 (Scylla Enterprise users)
Scylla Manager now supports periodic or ad-hoc backup of Scylla data to S3.
Among others, you can control the bandwidth, parallelism, and timing of the backup. Backup can be performed at a cluster, DC or keyspace granularity.
The Manager takes care of
- Retention of old backups
- SSTable deduplication
- Automatic retries
- Progress reporting
More on the new backup feature here
Scylla Manager Agent
Scylla Manager uses a local Manager Agent process to be installed and run on each Scylla node. The Manager Server communicates with Scylla nodes over HTTPS using the Agent. The Agent uses CPU pinning and Systemd slices to restrict the effect on Scylla itself.
The Manager Agent removes the need to create SSH connectivity between Scylla Manager and Scylla nodes, which proved to be hard in some deployment use cases.
More on installing the agent here
As you might have heard, there are no more available IPv4 addresses available. As such you can now run Scylla Manager with IPv6 addresses for Manager to Scylla nodes communication. Note that Scylla supports IPv6 starting with Scylla Open Source 3.2 and Scylla Enterprise 2019.1.4
Scylla Monitoring Stack release 3.1 includes new Manager 2.0 dashboard
All metrics changed for Manager 2.0 are here