Scylla Monitoring Stack 3.1
The Scylla team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla Monitoring Stack 3.1.
- Scylla Open Source versions 2.3, 3.0, 3.1 and the upcoming 3.2
- Scylla Enterprise versions 2018.x and 2019.x
- Scylla Manager 1.4.x and Scylla Manager 2.0
- Download Scylla Monitoring 3.1
- Scylla Monitoring Stack Docs
- Upgrade from Scylla Monitoring 3.x to 3.y
New in Scylla Monitoring Stack 3.1
- Scylla Open Source Version 3.2 dashboards
- Scylla Manager Version 2.0 dashboards.
- Grafana 6.5.1
More on Grafana release can be found here
- Prometheus 2.14
More on Prometheus release can be found here
- Add the ad hoc filter to all dashboards #773
The ad hoc filter is a flexible filter that allows specifying multiple conditions. When used it will affect all graphs; you can choose from the ad hoc drop down the labels you would like to filter by with the condition.
Example: The following shows how to limit all graph to a specific shard and ip.
- Report-a-problem button #691
You can now report an issue with the monitoring by clicking a button on the top right corner of the dashboard. The relevant version and dashboard will be added to the newly opened ticket.
- Adding annotations for server restart #712
Annotations are marker lines that show an event occurrence. Annotations can be turned on and off from the top menu.
The following shows how the server restart annotation looks like.
- CQL Optimization warning for potential hazard with Consistency Level #706 #579
You can read more about the CQL optimization here.
The new consistency level part helps identify potential hazards with the Consistency level.
Specifically: ANY and ALL should be avoided.
When running in multi DC, ONE and QUORUM should be avoided, use LOCAL_ONE or LOCAL_QUORUM instead.
- Experimental – Scylla Manager Consul integration #470
Scylla-Manager 2.0 has a Consul-like API that allows Scylla Monitoring to get the cluster servers information directly from it.Users of Scylla-Manager can set Scylla Monitoring to read the cluster server configuration directly from Scylla-Manager instead of manually set them from a file.You can read more about it in the configuration guide here.