ScyllaDB Technical Support Engineers use their exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, along with their deep technical expertise, to assist customers and to solve their Scylla issues. Technical Support Engineers are experts in the entire ScyllaDB ecosystem – database server, drivers, our management and monitoring suite, Scylla Cloud and various migration and supplementary tools. Our engineers combine their expertise with passion, initiative, teamwork and a great sense of humor to achieve exceptional results for our customers.
Why ScyllaDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s building the Database Monster – a next-generation NoSQL database focused on innovation and lightning performance.
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
- A truly remote-friendly work culture
Cool things you’ll do:
- You’ll be working alongside our largest customers, solving their complex issues – resolving questions on architecture, recovery, security, performance and everything in between. You’ll be an expert resource on best practices in running Scylla at scale, whatever that scale may be.
- You’ll be an advocate for our customers’ needs – interfacing with our product management and development teams on their behalf.
- You will also help build the Knowledge Base around Scylla.
What you need:
- Be located in a timezone that can effectively work with US-based customers.
- We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self-taught, insatiably curious, and multi-faceted.
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Operations – Systems Administration, DevOps, Network Administration in a Linux based environment:
- We prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (specifically Linux), networks (including firewalls, switches and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP). Experience with containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, swarm) is also a plus.
- Database Administration – SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL) and NoSQL We prefer experience in one or more of: Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.(Scylla, Cassandra, MongoDB etc) are a plus
- We prefer experience in one or more of: Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.
- Extra bonus points if you’ve used those skills with distributed systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases) or enterprise infrastructure (e.g. public/private cloud, virtualized DCs or container clusters).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help