Scylla Open Source Release 2.3.3
The Scylla team announces the release of Scylla Open Source 2.3.3, a bugfix release of the Scylla Open Source 2.3 stable branch. Release 2.3.3, like all past and future 2.3.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Note that the latest stable release of Scylla Open Source is release 3.0 and you are encouraged to upgrade to it.
- Get Scylla 2.3.3 – Docker, binary packages (under “More Versions”)
- Get started with Scylla
- Upgrade from 2.x.y to 2.x.z
- Upgrade from 2.3.x to 3.x
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues solved in this release:
- A race condition between the “nodetool snapshot” command and Scylla running compactions may result in a nodetool error: Scylla API server HTTP POST to URL ‘/storage_service/snapshots’ failed: filesystem error: link failed: No such file or directory #4051
- A bootstrapping node doesn’t wait for schema before joining the ring, which may result in a node fail to bootstrap, with error “storage_proxy – Failed to apply mutation”. In particular, this error manifests when a user defined type is used. #4196
- Counters: Scylla rejects SSTables that contain counters that were created by Cassandra 2.0 and earlier. Due to #4206, Scylla mistakenly rejected some SSTables that were created by Cassandra 2.1 as well.
- Core: In very rare cases, the commit log replay fails. Commit log replay is used after a node was unexpectedly restarted #4187
- In some rare cases, during service stop, Scylla exited #4107