Samsung SDS is a global IT services and solutions company with 57 offices spread across 31 countries. They are tasked with implementing highly performant and scalable systems for a number of Samsung businesses. However, they were experiencing a number of issues at the database layer. For example, their relational database couldn’t meet the performance requirements of several business use cases. As a result, they decided to conduct an in-depth technical evaluation of NoSQL databases.
Samsung SDS was looking for a database with high throughput, scalability, low latency, ease of deployment and maintenance, and reduced operational costs. They decided to compare Scylla against Apache Cassandra. In the proof-of-concept, Scylla delivered 3X better throughput and latency than Cassandra. The team also noted price and ease of maintenance as key factors when deciding on Scylla.
“Its excellent performance means we can save lots of money adopting Scylla over other NoSQL databases.” – Kuyul Noh, Principal Data Architect, Samsung SDS
Hear from Samsung SDS about their experiences with Scylla in the video below.
- Read the entire Case Study.
- Learn more about Scylla on our product page.
- See what our users are saying about Scylla.
- Download Scylla. Check out our download page to run Scylla on AWS, install it locally in a Virtual Machine, or run it in Docker.
- Take Scylla for a Test drive. Our Test Drive lets you quickly spin-up a running cluster of Scylla so you can see for yourself how it performs.