Scylla Enterprise Release 2018.1.4
The Scylla team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla Enterprise 2018.1.4, a production-ready Scylla Enterprise minor release. Scylla Enterprise 2018.1.4 is a bug fix release for the 2018.1 branch, the latest stable branch of Scylla Enterprise.
More about Scylla Enterprise here.
Scylla Enterprise 2018.1.4 fixes one critical issue on the caching of data for DateTiered or TimeWindow compaction strategies. If you are using either of these strategies, we recommend upgrading ASAP. The critical issue is: In some cases when using DateTiered or TimeWindow compaction strategies, a partition can start to appear empty until Scylla is restarted. The problem is in the cache logic, while the data itself is safely persistent on disk. #3552
- Get Scylla 2018.1.4 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2018.1.x to 2018.1.4
- Upgrade from 2017.1.x to 2018.1
- Upgrade from Scylla Open Source 2.1 to Scylla 2018.1
- Submit a ticket
Scylla Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade to Scylla Enterprise 2018.1.4 in coordination with the Scylla support team.
Additional Issues Solved in This Release
- Reads which are using clustering key restrictions (including paging reads) may be missing some of the deletions and static row writes for DateTiered and TimeWindow compaction strategies. Similar to #3552, data on the disk is not affected. #3553
- Learn more about Scylla from our product page.
- See what our users are saying about Scylla.
- Download Scylla. Check out our download page to run Scylla on AWS, install it locally in a Virtual Machine, or run it in Docker.
- Take Scylla for a Test drive. Our Test Drive lets you quickly spin-up a running cluster of Scylla so you can see for yourself how it performs.