The Scylla team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla Enterprise 2017.1.6, a production-ready Scylla Enterprise minor release.
Scylla Enterprise 2017.1.6 is a bug fix release for the 2017.1 branch, the latest stable branch of Scylla Enterprise. The 2017.1 branch is based on Scylla open source 1.6 and includes backported bug fixes from upstream releases (1.7, 2.0, 2.1) as well as enterprise-only bug fixes.
Read more about Scylla Enterprise here.
- Get Scylla 2017.1.6 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2017.1.x to 2017.1.6
- Upgrade from Scylla 1.6 to Scylla 2017.1
- Submit a ticket
Scylla Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade to Scylla Enterprise 2017.1.6, and are welcome to contact our support with questions.
Starting from Scylla 2.1, Scylla packages for Ubuntu 16 and Debian 8 are signed. You can find the keys and instructions per Linux distribution here.
Noteworthy Additions in 2017.1.6
Users will now be warned when a large partition is compacted. If the partition size is larger than the threshold setting, the warning fires. The default threshold for a warning is 1000MB. This value can be configured in scylla.yaml with the compaction_large_partition_warning_threshold_mb parameter. #2209
Bugs fixed in this release
Commitlog segments are left on disk on clean shutdown. This fix is required for a future migration from Scylla Enterprise 2017.1 to the upcoming Scylla Enterprise 2018.1. #2550
- Learn more about Scylla from our product page.
- See what our users are saying about Scylla.
- Download Scylla. Check out our download page to run Scylla on AWS, install it locally in a Virtual Machine, or run it in Docker.
- Take Scylla for a Test drive. Our Test Drive lets you quickly spin-up a running cluster of Scylla so you can see for yourself how it performs.