The Scylla team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla 1.2.1, a bugfix release of the Scylla 1.2 stable branch. Release 1.2.1, like all past and future 1.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
The following bugs have been fixed:
- When migrating SSTables from Cassandra or a Scylla deployment with a different number of shards (cores), some SSTables are shared between more than one shard. This proved to be wasteful #1314. Scylla now splits SSTables between shards after startup.
- A node running out of disk space did not gracefully shutdown and did not notify the cluster it is not available #1353, #1311
- nodetool refresh did not invalidate the cache, causing some reads to ignore the new loaded data #1212
- Reads concurrent with table drop/truncate or ring movements might bring back stale data until node is restarted #1291
- Scylla starts up errors, like incorrect command line parameters was not gracefully handled #1379
- Scylla Installation failed on RHEL 7.2 #1360, #1399
Asias He (3): streaming: Fix indention in do_send_mutations streaming: Switch log level to warn instead of error repair: Switch log level to warn instead of error Avi Kivity (3): Be more conservative when deciding when to shut down due to disk errors dist: fix scylla-kernel-conf postinstall scriptlet failure main: handle exceptions during startup Duarte Nunes (1): database: Actually decrease query_state limit Nadav Har'El (3): Rewrite shared sstables soon after startup Rewrite shared sstables only after entire CF is read Rewriting shared sstables only after all shards loaded sstables Pekka Enberg (5): dist/docker: Use Scylla 1.2 RPM repository utils/exceptions: Whitelist EEXIST and ENOENT in should_stop_on_system_error() service/storage_service: Make do_isolate_on_error() more robust systemd: Use PermissionsStartOnly instead of running sudo release: prepare for 1.2.1 Tomasz Grabiec (2): row_cache: Implement clear() using invalidate() row_cache: Make stronger guarantees in clear/invalidate