The Scylla team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla 1.0.2, a bug fixing release of Scylla 1.0 stable branch. 1.0.2, like all future 1.x.y releases is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrade.
The following bugs have been fix:
- Better error handling when accessing non existing user defined type #1198 (support for UDT is plan for 1.1)
- Accept SSTable without summary file #1170. Such files can be created by CQLSSTableWriter
- Improve read performance by consulting the summary’s first_key/last_key entries before consulting the summary entry array.
- Collections with only deleted items would show up in query as empty collections instead of null (fix a regression introduced on 1.0.1).
- Do not start scylla-server automatically when installing on Ubuntu 14.04 #1134
Scylla 1.0.2 contributions
Avi Kivity (1): sstables: filter sstables single-row read using first_key/last_key Duarte Nunes (1): udt: Implement to_string() for selectable Glauber Costa (11): do not re-read the summary make get_sstable_key_range an instance method index reader: make index_consumer a template parameter sstables: avoid passing schema unnecessarily sstables: allow read_toc to be called more than once summary: generate one if it is not present index_reader: avoid misleading parent name clear components if reading toc fail review fixes for generate_summary be robust against broken summary files sstable_tests: make sure the generation of the Summary is sane Gleb Natapov (1): udt: fix error generation if accessed type is not udt Pekka Enberg (2): Merge "Summary backport" from Glauber release: prepare for 1.0.2 Tomasz Grabiec (3): types: Add default argument values to is_any_live() mutation_partition: Fix collection emptiness check tests: Add test for query of collection with deleted item
Scylla-jmx 1.0.2 contributions
Takuya ASADA (1):
dist: do not auto-start scylla-server job on Ubuntu package install time