ScyllaDB Summit is just around the corner! Next week (January 12th – 14th), we’ll hold a two-day virtual conference followed by a day of instructor-led training. All online. All free.
We’ve published the complete schedule so that you can add reminders to your calendar for the sessions you’re most interested in. You can also share sessions via social media or mail them to your colleagues.
Tuesday, January 12
- Prepare to Love ScyllaDB Even More — ScyllaDB CEO Dor Laor will look back on everything that we’ve accomplished since last ScyllaDB Summit, and look ahead to what’s on the horizon for 2021.
- Testing ScyllaDB with Jepsen — Kyle Kingsbury, also known as Aphyr, took ScyllaDB through his in-depth Jepsen testing process. Discover what he found and what we fixed!
- Raft in ScyllaDB — Konstantin “Kostja” Osipov will provide an overview of how ScyllaDB is moving from Paxos to Raft, and what that means for database consistency beyond Lightweight Transactions.
- Zillow: Optimistic Locking Using Write-time Timestamps — Dan Podhola of Zillow will reveal the tricks they used to guarantee in-order delivery of messages for correct and consistent data.
- Empowering DynamoDB Application Developers — ScyllaDB Distinguished Engineer Nadav Har’El will share you can use the advantages of ScyllaDB’s DynamoDB API for greater observability, improved performance and to run your applications at lower cost.
- GE Healthcare: Enabling Precision Health in Edison AI — Learn how GE Healthcare is deploying DynamoDB-compatible instances of ScyllaDB on premises to improve precision healthcare with better patient data confidentiality.
- ScyllaDB Operator Overview — Kubernetes (K8s) has taken cloud native computing by storm. ScyllaDB’s Kubernetes Operator is now generally available. Discover its features and explore its roadmap with ScyllaDB engineer Maciej Zimnoch.
- Grab at Scale with ScyllaDB — Grab is southeast Asia’s favorite “superapp,” providing shopping, ride sharing, payments, and food delivery. Discover all the ways they use ScyllaDB to deliver on their services.
- Becoming an Elastic Cloud Native Database — ScyllaDB VP of R&D Shlomi Livne will share what steps ScyllaDB has already taken to provide elasticity, the capability to scale up or down with minimal disruption, and our plans to deliver further on that vision.
- ScyllaDB Cloud on Display — Find out how easy it is to integrate and connect ScyllaDB Cloud (NoSQL DBaaS) with your applications, and turn over all aspects of management and maintenance to our team of cloud database experts.
- ScyllaDB @ GumGum: Contextual Ads — GumGum’s Keith Sader will describe how and why they moved to ScyllaDB Cloud to meet their growing customer demands with a future proofed solution.
- Expero/QOMPLX: Using ScyllaDB with JanusGraph for Cybersecurity — Recent news shows the importance of managing the cybersecurity of enterprise and government client systems. Learn how QOMPLX, with the help of Expero’s team, designed their intrusion detection system around ScyllaDB and JanusGraph.
Wednesday, January 13
- Meeting the Challenge of OLTP Big Data with ScyllaDB — ScyllaDB CTO Avi Kivity will highlight the advances in ScyllaDB that make it such a great match for big data applications, plus plans for performance, reliability, manageability and ease of use in a modern cloud environment.
- Best Practices for Change Data Capture — Change Data Capture (CDC) allows users to track changes made to a record in ScyllaDB, and even store the pre- and post-image of the data. Learn how to get the most out of CDC with ScyllaDB’s Calle Wilund.
- Confluent: Streaming Data from ScyllaDB to Kafka — Learn how to use the Kafka ScyllaDB Connector to share CDC table data to Kafka topics in this session hosted by Confluent’s Tim Berglund.
- Numberly: Getting the ScyllaDB Shard-Aware Drivers Faster — Find out how you can take best advantage of ScyllaDB’s shard-per-core server architecture with client-side shard-aware drivers. Numberly CTO Alexys Jacob will describe the efforts to make the ScyllaDB Python driver even faster.
- Latest Performance Changes by ScyllaDB — ScyllaDB Distinguished Engineer Tomasz Grabiec will lead a tour of the performance improvements accomplished over the past year in ScyllaDB, including work on the IO Scheduler, and on streaming and repair.
- Mail.Ru: High-Load Storage of User Actions with ScyllaDB and HDDs — ScyllaDB is renowned for its performance on fast NVMe SSDs, but did you know you can also achieve relatively low latencies on low-cost Hard Disk Drives (HDDs)? Find out how Mail.Ru is using this as a low-cost strategy for petabytes of stored activity data.
- The All-New ScyllaDB Monitoring Stack — ScyllaDB Monitoring Stack was designed to be a one-stop-shop for monitoring your cluster. Learn how we’ve extended it by building a CQL interface for monitoring, plus new log collection analysis capabilities.
- Expedia: Our Migration from Cassandra to ScyllaDB — Migrating from one database to another can be quite a journey, even for a drop-in Apache Cassandra replacement like ScyllaDB. But you can rely on the travel experts at Expedia to set forward an itinerary that’s easy and straightforward to follow.
- How We Made ScyllaDB Maintenance Easier, Safer and Faster — Learn how we’ve made ScyllaDB even better, by implementing seedless clusters, repair-based node operations, smarter off-strategy compaction, bandwidth limits for repairs and compactions, and parallel repairs.
- IOTA: Implementing NoSQL in a Persistent Distributed Ledger — IOTA uses a feeless, minerless distributed ledger technology known as “The Tangle.” Discover how and why they implemented ScyllaDB as the persistence layer for the Tangle.
- Developing ScyllaDB Applications: Practical Tips — Even with a high performance scalable system like ScyllaDB there are techniques you can employ to prevent overloading and provide better availability. Learn these pro tips from ScyllaDB engineer Kamil Braun.
- Broadpeak: Building a Video Streaming Testing Framework — Discover how Seastar, the application framework at the heart of ScyllaDB, was employed by Broadpeak to create a benchmarking tool to emulate thousands of streaming video client sessions.
- Vectorized: Building a Distributed Data Streaming Architecture — Vectorized CEO Alex Gallego will introduce the audience to Redpanda, a streaming data engine that utilizes Seastar to provide a Kafka-compatible API with 10x performance improvements.
- Ola Cabs: Real-Time Intelligent Decision Making Using ScyllaDB — India’s leading on-demand ride hailing company has used ScyllaDB since our very beginning. Learn how they scaled their business to support millions of rides every day with ScyllaDB.
Thursday, January 14 — Training Day
This year our training sessions are absolutely free, so make sure you get your coworkers and industry peers to sign up today. We will have full side-by-side tracks for developers and administrators:
|Track One: Developers||Track Two: Administrators|
Register for ScyllaDB Summit Today!
It’s free. It’s online. It’s all the content you want to take your organization’s NoSQL game to the next level. Database monsters of the world connect!