At Scylla Cloud, we deliver the strength of ScyllaDB in a fully managed database-as-a-service platform. We provide our service in numerous locations around the globe and support multiple cloud providers. Our platform is managing thousands of nodes for known logos around the world, and our development is being managed in various cloud environments.
We are seeking an experienced Cloud FinOps specialist to join the team and help manage, lead and cost-save our Cloud environment usage.
- Collate, analyze, and prioritize cloud optimization recommendations
- Organizations set and maintain budgets for all cloud environment infrastructure, ensuring that they are not overspending and that they are getting the most value out of their investment.
- Monitor cloud spend day to day and prepare reports for review of Cloud spend.
- Work closely with the VP of Operations and provide expert knowledge of cloud cost optimization strategies (e.g. rightsizing, power scheduling)
- Ensuring optimization recommendations go through the relevant accounts managers and get actioned
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to implement cost optimization recommendations and best practices allowing them to make informed decisions about how to allocate their resources.
- Organizations with detailed insights into the cloud infrastructure costs will allow smarter decisions about their cloud infrastructure.
- Utilizes various tools and techniques to identify and eliminate wasteful or unnecessary costs. This includes analyzing usage patterns, identifying inefficient configurations, and leveraging cost savings opportunities.
- Provides Scylla with the ability to automate many of the cloud management tasks, such as resource provisioning, cost optimization, and cost visibility. This will reduce the annual workload, freeing resources to focus on more value-added activities.
- Plan for future cloud costs and expenses, enabling Scylla to make informed decisions about the cloud infrastructure that will avoid unexpected costs.
- At least 3 years of experience in business development and technical roles.
- Possess demonstrated analytical skills and thrive in a detail-oriented environment.
- Hands on experience in optimizing AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud spend and Technical understanding of Cloud Computing concept
- Have skills in extracting and analyzing complex datasets using well-optimized SQL queries, and Python platforms to prepare dashboards and reports
- Team player with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial and self-sufficient: work with little oversight delivering high-quality results and driving own agenda
- Effective problem-solving and mediation skills
- Strong planning, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Clear track record of managing projects and programs while demonstrating business judgment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Relevant experience from a SAAS company
Strong understanding of technical engineering concepts of Applications infrastructure requirements, and understanding of Cloud providers requirements for engineering capacity.