The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.13, a bug-fix production-ready ScyllaDB Enterprise patch release for ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.
Note that ScyllaDB Enterprise 2022.1 LTS is the latest stable branch and you are encouraged to upgrade in coordination with the ScyllaDB support team.
ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.13 brings focus on bug fixes and stabilization.
- Get ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.13 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2020.1.x to 2021.1.y
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3 to Scylla Enterprise 2021.1
- Submit a ticket
Below is a list of performance and stability improvements and bug fixes, each with an open source reference, if available:
table::snapshotmight hang if a shard hits an error #10500
- Stability: Multiple reactor stalls after ScyllaDB starts. This fix disables the stall detector during startup.
- Stability: From time to time, ScyllaDB needs to move sstables from one directory to another. If ScyllaDB crashed at exactly the wrong moment, it could leave valid sstables in both the old and the new places. #7429
- Stability: latency during manager repair –
describe_ringAPI call #9280
- LWT: Provide default for
serial_consistencyeven if not specified in request #7850
- ScyllaDB will now close the connection when a too-large request arrives; previously ScyllaDB would read and discard the request. The new behavior protects against having to read and discard potentially gigabytes of data. #8798
- Stability: The cache abstraction that is used to implement the prepared statement cache has been made more robust, eliminating cases where the entry expired prematurely. #8920
- Stability: Messaging: default tenants (user and system queries) are not isolated. As a result, one node latency might increase a peer node latency #9505
nodetool checkAndRepairCdcStreamsshould create a new generation when there are too many streams #9772
loading_cacheload vs invalidate race can result in stale prepared statements #10117
- CQL: Clustering Key with
DESCdirection cannot be queried by “
LIKE” operator #10183
- Alternator – empty
AttributesToGetshould be forbidden #10332
- Setup: scylla_setup failing in artifacts test on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. The root cause is the Storage field of “
coredumpctl info” changed at systemd-v248, it added “
(present)” at the end of the line when the coredump file was available. #10669
- Stability (Materialized views): trace state
shared_ptris used-after-move #11015
22 Aug 2022