ScyllaDB, the real-time big data database company is on the quest to create the #1 open-source NoSQL database. We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our Product Team.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Writer to produce high-quality documentation that contributes to ScyllaDB’s overall success. You will work collaboratively with developers, quality engineers, and product managers, to make our products easier to use.
You will be required to have an in-depth understanding of the product from a user’s perspective, including hands-on experience.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Full ownership of Scylla documentation sites, such as docs.scylladb.com, monitoring.docs.scylladb.com, etc.
- Mentor, supervise, and manage documentation contributors within ScyllaDB and within the ScyllaDB open-source community.
- Plan, draft, write and edit new and existing content
- Collaborating with various departments to understand and gather project requirements
- Work with design, UX, and developers to improve and enhance interactive content.
- Follow documentation docs website analytics, and use it to improve content and UX.
- Generate technical content for blogs, white papers, and online learning as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for details.
- Proven experience as a technical writer for complex technical products
- Proven experience with writing developer-to-developer documentation and or APIs
- Experience creating visuals and diagrams
- Familiarity with knowledgebases and user portals
- Experience with Git and GitHub, including GitHub pages or a similar static site generator
- Experience running instances with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, GCE, or Azure (advantage)
- Familiarity with Linux commands (advantage)
- Experience with Sphinx content authoring and publishing (advantage)
- Understanding of database structures, NoSQL in particular (advantage)
- Experience with documenting SaaS products (advantage)