The ScyllaDB team announces the release of ScyllaDB Open Source 2.3.4, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB Open Source 2.3 stable branch. ScyllaDB Open Source Release 2.3.4, like all past and future 2.3.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
The major fix in this release is for a rare race condition between a schema update (adding or removing a column) and an initiated compaction, which may cause the compaction to write values to the wrong columns. The short time window where this may occur is just after compaction was initiated but before it starts writing to storage. Should the race condition occur, there may be a crash or validation/run-time error on the driver side. #4304
- Get ScyllaDB 2.3.4 – Docker, binary packages (under “More Versions”)
- Get started with ScyllaDB
- Upgrade from 2.x.y to 2.x.z
- Upgrade from 2.3.x to 3.x
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Other issues solved in this release: