The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.6, a bug-fix production-ready ScyllaDB Enterprise patch release for ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1. ScyllaDB Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade to ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.6 in coordination with the ScyllaDB support team.
ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.6 brings focus on bug fixes, stabilization and additional metrics. More below.
- Get ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.6 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2020.1.x to 2021.1.y
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3 to ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1
- Submit a ticket
New Metrics in 2021.1.6 (with the correlated open source issue):
- add counters
A list of stability improvements and bug fixes below, each with open source reference, is available:
- Install: scylla-enterprise: scylla-enterprise package doesn’t have scylla-enterprise-python3 as dependency. This may cause upgrade from 2020.1.x to 2021.1.y to fail with “
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘distro’” error.
- Encryption at rest: wrong encryption parameters may cause node fails to boot with
bad_alloc. Documentation was improved to better explain EaR setting.
- Encryption at rest: Handle key lines without block/padding info when using
- Stability: detect LSA reclaim stalls and print statistics (similar to the debug mode ones) #4186
- Install: OEL7.6: installation failed for kernel conflict, but both running kernel and installed kernel are all qualified #7675
- Tools: nodetool scrub: repeated snapshot of KS will be created for multiple tables in each KS #8212
- RPM packaging: dependency issues related to python3 relocatable rpm #8829
- Stability: in some rare cases repairs blocking and not making progress for a prolonged time (days). New timeouts are added to eliminate these cases.
- Install (remove): debian: sysconfdir.conf of housekeeping isn’t kept in apt-get remove #9109
25 Oct 2021