The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.2, a bug-fix production-ready ScyllaDB Enterprise patch release for ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1. ScyllaDB Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade to ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.2 in coordination with the ScyllaDB support team.
ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.2 introduces LDAP Integration, Official GCP Image for ScyllaDB Enterprise and additional improvements and bug fixes
ScyllaDB Enterprise 2021.1.2 introduced support for LDAP Authorization and LDAP Authentication.
- LDAP Authentication allows users to manage the list of ScyllaDB Enterprise users and passwords in an external Directory Service (LDAP server), for example, MS Active Directory. ScyllaDB leverages authentication by a third-party utility named saslauthd to handle authentication, which, in turn, supports many different authentication mechanisms. Read the complete documentation on how to configure and use saslauthd and LDAP Authentication.
- LDAP Authorization allows users to manage the roles and privileges of ScyllaDB users in an external Directory Service (LDAP server), for example, MS Active Directory. To do that, one needs a role_manager entry in scylla.yaml set to
com.scylladb.auth.LDAPRoleManager. When this role manager is chosen, ScyllaDB forbids
REVOKErole statements (CQL commands) as all users get their roles from the contents of the LDAP directory.When LDAP Authorization is enabled and a ScyllaDB user authenticates to ScyllaDB, a query is sent to the LDAP server, whose response sets the user’s roles for that login session. The user keeps the granted roles until logout; any subsequent changes to the LDAP directory are only effective at the user’s next login to ScyllaDB. Read the complete documentation on how to configure and use LDAP Authorization.
ScyllaDB Enterprise will be available as a GCP Image starting from this release, similarly to EC2 AMIs and Docker.
- Get ScyllaDB 2021.1.2 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2020.1.x to 2021.1.y
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3 to ScyllaDB 2021.1
- Submit a ticket
List of stability improvements and bug fixes below, each with open source reference is available
- Alternator: nodetool cannot work on a table with a dot in its name #6521
- Alternator: ConditionExpression wrong comparison of two non-existent attributes #8511
- Alternator: incorrect inequality check of two sets #8513
- Alternator – incorrect set equality comparison inside a nested document #8514
- Stability: Certain combination of filtering, index, and frozen collection, causes “marshalling error” failure #7888
- Stability: cdc: log: use-after-free in process_bytes_visitor #8117
- Installation: scylla_coredump_setup fails when on an environment with hard limit of coredump is set to zero, like Oracle Linux 8.1 #8238
- Install: scylla_io_setup failed with error: seastar – Could not setup Async I/O on aws instances (r5, r5b) and gp3 ebs volumes #8587
- Install: install.sh set aio conf during installation #8650
- Improve validation of “enable”, “postimage” and “ttl” CDC options #8486
- Log: Incomplete information logged when std::nested_exception is printed #8327
24 Jun 2021