The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 5.0.5, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 5.0 stable branch.
ScyllaDB Open Source 5.0.5, like all past and future 5.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 5.0
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source – AWS AMI, GCP Docker, binary packages and unified installer
- ScyllaDB Web Installer for Linux (all releases)
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 5.x.y to Scylla Open Source 5.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.6.x to 5.0.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Stability: Flat mutation reader functions such as upgrade_to_v2 are not exception safe and can cause crashes #9065
- API: Attempt to update the live-updatable option in `system.config` with wrong value produces the error `
bad_lexical_cast` in the log #10394. Config in Scylla is represented as a virtual table, and can be updated (for a subset of parameters) using CQL.
- Stability: a concurrent
DROP TABLEwhile streaming data to another node is now tolerated. Previously, streaming would fail, requiring a restart of the node add or decommission operation. #10395
- API: Failure to apply a failed batchlog is silent #10636
- Stability: Nodetool SCRUB failing when running on keyspaces with mv, indexes and auto snapshot enabled #10760
- Alternator: don’t allow LSI and GSI to use the same name #10789
- Stability: Accidentally quadratic behavior when a large number of range tombstones is present in a partition has been fixed. #11211
DescribeTablecalls should include
- Stability: sstables crawling reader can emit duplicated partition end. This issue affects scylla’s scrub compaction (in all modes) as well as the validate operation of the scylla-sstable tool. #11421
- 2 Nodes failed after
bloom_filter_fp_chancewas modified to an unreasonable low number #11524
17 Oct 2022