The ScyllaDB team announces Scylla Open Source 4.4.8, a bugfix release of the Scylla 4.4 stable branch.
Scylla Open Source 4.4.8, like all past and future 4.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Please note the latest stable branch is Scylla 4.5.
- Scylla Open Source 4.4
- Get Scylla Open Source AWS AMI, Docker, GCP Image, binary packages and unified installer
- Upgrade from Scylla Open Source 4.x.y to Scylla Open Source 4.x.z
Upgrade from Scylla Open Source 4.3.x to 4.4.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- CQL: Scylla now correctly rejects CQL insert/update statements with NULLs in key columns. #7852
- CQL: secondary Index-based queries yield less data than they should if base queries are short-reads #9198
- Alternator: Missing counter for Alternator BatchGetItem operations #9406
- Stability: transport: Fix abort on certain configurations of
_ssl) #7866 #7783
- Stability: Failed
fromJson()should result in
FunctionFailureerror, not an internal error #7911
- Stability: Infinite loop in
write_fragmentedfor empty fragments in non-empty views #8398
- Stability: possible Fix use-after-free in gossip
- Stability: a bug in CDC log forced a non optimized execution path (but did not hurt correctness) #9103
- Setup: GCP: scylla_io_setup generates invalid io_properties.yaml on n2-highmem-48 instance with 24SSDs #9429
- Setup: scylla_io_setup on GKE: fails with workload identity enabled, since 4.3.x #9471
stopwaitsecsmissing from scylla-server supervisord config #9485
- Stability: SSTable kl writer creates the index incorrectly, causing reads to miss range tombstones #9690
- Stability: background reads out-living the parent reader can access freed range and slice #9719
- Admin REST API:
/storage_service/repair_status invalidstatus code when repair id not found #9576. Scylla Manager uses this API. The issue is mitigated for earlier versions of Scylla with Manager 2.5.4
03 Jan 2022