The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3.3, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 4.3 stable branch.
ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3.3, like all past and future 4.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Please note the latest stable release of ScyllaDB is 4.4.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 4.3
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source – AWS AMI, Docker, binary packages
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.y to ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.2.x to 4.3.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Stability: ScyllaDB will exit when accessed with a
LOCAL_QUORUMto a DC with zero replication (one can define different numbers of replication per DC). #8354
- Tools: sstableloader: partition with old deletion and new data handled incorrectly #8390
- Stability: a possible race condition in MV/SI schema creation and load may cause inconsistency between base table and view table #7709 #8357
- Stability: Requests are not entirely read during shedding, which leads to invalidating the connection once shedding happens. Shedding is the process of dropping requests to protect the system, for example, if they are too large or exceeding the max number of concurrent requests per shard. #8193
- CQL: unpaged query is terminated silently if it reaches global limit first. The bug was introduced in ScyllaDB 4.3 #8162
- Compaction options typo in schema.cql of snapshot #7741
- Stability: missing dead row marker for KA/LA file format #8324. Note that the KA/LA SSTable formats are legacy formats that are not used in latest ScyllaDB versions.
- Stability: Error: “
seastar - Exceptional future ignored: sstables::compaction_stop_exception” after node drain #7904
- Install: scylla_setup IOTune fail when no ephemeral_disks were found #7971
- Stability: a regression on cleanup compaction’s space requirement introduced in ScyllaDB 4.1, due to unlimited parallelism #8247
- Stability: ScyllaDB crash when the IN marker is bound to null #8265
- Performance: SSTables being compacted by Cleanup, Scrub, Upgrade can potentially be compacted by regular compaction in parallel #8155
- Stability: Failing to start ScyllaDB after reboot of machine “
Startup failed: seastar::rpc::timeout_error (rpc call timed out)” #8187
- Stability: Fix cross-shard sharing of schema_ptr potentially leading to use-after-free of schema #7535
- CQL: CQL prepared statements incomplete support for “unset” values #7740
03 June 2021