The ScyllaDB team announces Scylla Open Source 4.3.3, a bugfix release of the Scylla 4.3 stable branch.
Scylla Open Source 4.3.3, like all past and future 4.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Please note the latest stable release of Scylla is 4.4.
- Scylla Open Source 4.3
- Get Scylla Open Source – AWS AMI, Docker, binary packages
- Upgrade from Scylla Open Source 4.x.y to Scylla Open Source 4.x.z
- Upgrade from Scylla Open Source 4.2.x to 4.3.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Stability: Scylla will exit when accessed with a
LOCAL_QUORUMto a DC with zero replication (one can define different numbers of replication per DC). #8354
- Tools: sstableloader: partition with old deletion and new data handled incorrectly #8390
- Stability: a possible race condition in MV/SI schema creation and load may cause inconsistency between base table and view table #7709 #8357
- Stability: Requests are not entirely read during shedding, which leads to invalidating the connection once shedding happens. Shedding is the process of dropping requests to protect the system, for example, if they are too large or exceeding the max number of concurrent requests per shard. #8193
- CQL: unpaged query is terminated silently if it reaches global limit first. The bug was introduced in Scylla 4.3 #8162
- Compaction options typo in schema.cql of snapshot #7741
- Stability: missing dead row marker for KA/LA file format #8324. Note that the KA/LA SSTable formats are legacy formats that are not used in latest Scylla versions.
- Stability: Error: “
seastar - Exceptional future ignored: sstables::compaction_stop_exception” after node drain #7904
- Install: scylla_setup IOTune fail when no ephemeral_disks were found #7971
- Stability: a regression on cleanup compaction’s space requirement introduced in Scylla 4.1, due to unlimited parallelism #8247
- Stability: Scylla crash when the IN marker is bound to null #8265
- Performance: SSTables being compacted by Cleanup, Scrub, Upgrade can potentially be compacted by regular compaction in parallel #8155
- Stability: Failing to start Scylla after reboot of machine “
Startup failed: seastar::rpc::timeout_error (rpc call timed out)” #8187
- Stability: Fix cross-shard sharing of schema_ptr potentially leading to use-after-free of schema #7535
- CQL: CQL prepared statements incomplete support for “unset” values #7740
03 June 2021