The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 4.2.2, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 4.2 stable branch.
ScyllaDB Open Source 4.2.2, like all past and future 4.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 4.2
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source – AWS AMI, Docker, binary packages
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.y to ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.1.x to 4.2.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Performance: On Red Hat derivatives, like CentOS used in ScyllaDB Enterprise AMI, tuned service tries to tune the system for maximum throughput, and this conflicts with scylla-kernel-conf’s latency-oriented tuning. The result is slowdown, for example in LWT. #7696 If you wish to keep tuned installed (not recommended), don’t install the scylla-kernel-conf subpackage.
- CQL: (LOCAL_/EACH_)QUORUM consistency calculation is broken when RF=0 #6905
- Alternator AttributesToGet breaks QueryFilter #6951
- Alternator: Query or Scan paging fails with bytes keys #7768
- Stability: Query pager can try to get keys from empty vector of
- Stability: Useless linearization on large data during validation, of either type bytes or string-derived, potentially cause stalls due to reclaiming #7318
- Stability: possible use-after-free in
create_writer()‘s error path #7406
- Stability: Under certain conditions aborting repair will not abort the sstable writer it uses, the latter failing because the data stream is interrupted unexpectedly. #7411
- Stability: Incrementally delete resharded sstables as they’re retired #7463
- Stability: Cleanup compaction in KA/LA sstables may crash the node in some cases #7553
- Stability: A rare race condition when running nodetool cleanup with TWCS strategy may cause ScyllaDB to crush during compaction #7590
- Tools: relocatable scripts, like perftune.py fails because they lack proper paths #7350
- Tools: In scyllatop, using `
metricPattern` fails with “
dictionary changed size during iteration” #7488
- Tools: scylla: scylla_utils.py:
curl()retry mechanism not working when URLError happens #7569
- Install: ScyllaDB does not start when kernel inotify limits are exceeded #7700
- Installation: when installing ScyllaDB not via packages (deb/rpm) install.sh does not apply sysctl configuration #7702
- Installation: missing /etc/systemd/system/scylla-server.service.d/dependencies.conf on scylla-4.4 rpm #7703
17 Dec 2020