The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 4.1.10, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 4.1 stable branch.
ScyllaDB Open Source 4.1.10, like all past and future 4.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
Note that the latest ScyllaDB stable branch is ScyllaDB 4.2, and it is highly recommended to upgrade to it.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 4.1
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source – AWS AMI, Docker, binary packages
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.y to ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.0.x to 4.1.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issues fixed in this release:
- Performance: On Red Hat derivatives, like CentOS used in ScyllaDB Enterprise AMI, tuned service tries to tune the system for maximum throughput, and this conflicts with scylla-kernel-conf’s latency-oriented tuning. The result is slowdown, for example in LWT. #7696
- Stability: appending_hash<row> ignores cells after first null #4567
- Stability: large reactor stalls when recalculating TLS diffie-helman parameters #6191
(LOCAL_/EACH_)QUORUMconsistency calculation is broken when RF=0 #6905
- Stability: too aggressive TWCS compactions after upgrading #6928
- Stability: Possible priority inversion between hints and normal write in storage_proxy #7177
- Stability: Query pager can try to get keys from empty vector of result::partitions #7263
- Stability: Useless linearization on large data during validation, of either type bytes or string-derived, potentially cause stalls due to reclaiming #7318
- Stability: possible use-after-free in create_writer()’s error path #7406
- Stability: Under certain conditions aborting repair will not abort the sstable writer it uses, the latter failing because the data stream is interrupted unexpectedly. #7411
- Stability: A rare race condition when running nodetool cleanup with TWCS strategy may cause ScyllaDB to crush during compaction #7590
- Stability: secondary index updates failing after upgrade to 4.2.0 due to missing system_schema.computed_columns. The problem is limited to secondary indexes created *before* ScyllaDB 3.2, which had their `
idx_token` column incorrectly not marked as computed #7515
- Stability: Cleanup compaction in KA/LA sstables may crash the node in some cases #7553
- Tools: ScyllaDB:
scylla_utils.py: curl()retry mechanism not working when URLError happens #7569
- Tools: relocatable scripts, like perftune.py fails because they lack proper paths #7350
- Tools: In scyllatop, using `
metricPattern` fails with “
dictionary changed size during iteration” #7488
- Installation: ScyllaDB does not start when kernel inotify limits are exceeded #7700
- Installation: when installing ScyllaDB not via packages (deb/rpm) install.sh does not apply sysctl configuration #7702
- Installation: missing /etc/systemd/system/scylla-server.service.d/dependencies.conf on scylla rpm #7703
21 Dec 2020