The ScyllaDB team announces Scylla Enterprise 2020.1.8, a bug-fix production-ready Scylla Enterprise patch release for Scylla Enterprise 2020.1. As always, Scylla Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade to Scylla Enterprise 2020.1.8 in coordination with the Scylla support team.
Updates in this release:
scylla_setupnow identify and allow creating a swap. Scylla Enterprise 2020.1.8 AMI has swap enabled by default. (open source issues #6539, #6659, #6650)
List of stability improvements and bug fixes below.
- Get Scylla 2020.1.8 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2019.1.x to 2020.1
- Upgrade from Scylla Open Source 4.0 to Scylla 2020.1
- Submit a ticket
Fixed issues in this release are listed below, with open source references, if present:
- Stability: Repairing a table with TWCS potentially cause high number of parallel compaction #8124
- Stability: Streaming SSTables are not being accounted by the backlog controller #6441
- Stability: a possible race condition in MV/SI schema creation and load may cause inconsistency between base table and view table #7709
- Stability: Large sstables with many small partitions often require large bloom filters. The allocation for the bloom filters has been changed to allocate the memory in steps, reducing the chance of a reactor stall. #6974
- Stability: unbounded memory usage when consuming a large run of partition tombstones
- Stability: Materialized views: fix possibly old views coming from other nodes #8509
- Stability a regression introduced in 2020.1.2 (fixing #6662) cause 2x space requirement in cleanup compaction which, if not satisfied, kill the service.
- Stability: Compaction Backlog controller will misbehave for time series use cases #6054
- Stability: Materialized view updates use incorrect schema to interpret writes after base table schema is altered #7061
- Stability: view info: preserve integrity by allowing base info for reads only and by initializing base info #7469
- Compaction options typo in schema.cql of snapshot #7741
- Stability: missing dead row marker for KA/LA file format #8324. Note that the KA/LA SSTable formats are legacy formats that are not used in latest Scylla versions.
- UX: unnecessary warning warnings for small batches #8416
- Stability: materialized views: nodes may pull old schemas from other nodes #8554
reader_concurrency_semaphore: inactive reads can block shutdown #8561
- Stability: secondary index updates failing after upgrade to 4.2.0 due to missing
system_schema.computed_columns. The problem is limited to secondary indexes created before Scylla 3.2, which had their
idx_tokencolumn incorrectly not marked as computed #7515
11 May 2021