The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Open Source 4.6.8, a bugfix release of the ScyllaDB 4.6 stable branch.
Please note the latest ScyllaDB stable release is ScyllaDB 5.0, and you are encouraged to upgrade to it.
ScyllaDB Open Source 4.6.8, like all past and future 4.x.y releases, is backward compatible and supports rolling upgrades.
- ScyllaDB Open Source 4.6
- Get ScyllaDB Open Source – AWS AMI, Docker, binary packages and unified installer
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.x.y to Scylla Open Source 4.x.z
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.5.x to 4.6.y
- Please let us know if you encounter any problems.
Issue fixed in this release:
- Performance: Long-term index caching in the global cache, as introduced in 4.6, hurts the performance for workloads where accesses to the index are sparse. To mitigate this, a new configuration parameter
true) is introduced to control index caching. Setting the flag to `
false` causes all index reads to behave like they would in
BYPASS CACHEqueries. Consider using false if you notice performance problems due to lowered cache hit ratio in 4.6 or 5.0. The config API can update the parameter live (without restart). #11202
24 Sep 2022