The ScyllaDB team announces ScyllaDB Enterprise 2020.1.13, a bug-fix production-ready ScyllaDB Enterprise patch release for Scylla Enterprise 2020.1.
Note that the latest stable version of ScyllaDB Enterprise is 2021.1 and users are encouraged to upgrade to it.
As always, ScyllaDB Enterprise customers are encouraged to upgrade in coordination with the ScyllaDB support team.
List of stability improvements and bug fixes below.
- Get ScyllaDB 2020.1.13 (customers only, or 30-day evaluation)
- Upgrade from 2019.1.x to 2020.1
- Upgrade from 2019.1.x to 2019.1.y
- Upgrade from ScyllaDB Open Source 4.0 to ScyllaDB Enterprise 2020.1
- Submit a ticket
Fixed issues in this release are listed below, with open source references, if present:
- UX: Uninformative error messages when a client connects with wrong TLS version #8827, TLS handshake retry should on repeated failure retain original exception. Seastar #911
- Stability: workload prioritization: Reduce the logging sensitivity to “glitches” in #8574
database::drop_column_family(): has a window where new queries can be created for the dropped column family #10450
- Stability: OOM on shard 0 was caused by having a thread for each reshard sstable running on the shard. With close to 100K 76k shards, the stack footprint of each thread, times the number of threads, overloaded shard memory.
- CQL: secondary Index-based queries yield less data than they should if base queries are short-reads #9198
- Stability: A crash in ScyllaDB memory management code, triggered by index file caching, was fixed. The bug was caused by an allocation from within the memory allocator causing cache eviction in order to free memory. Freeing the evicted items re-enters the memory allocator, in a way that was not expected by the code. Fixes #9573
INSERT JSONstatement now correctly rejects empty string partition keys. #9853
- CQL: Incorrect results returned with
INclause in a partition and index restriction and
- Stability: a wrong auth opcode, for example, a driver bug, might crashes node #10487
- Tooling: Malformed IPv6 address at index tools#295. See Apache Cassandra #17581 for the correlated nodetool issue.
13 Jun 2022