ScyllaDB Field Engineers are an advanced team who respond to an escalation in the three stages of customer engagement: before engagement happens by generating marketing and sales collateral like benchmarks and educational articles and content; in the pre-sales process by ensuring that proofs-of-concept are successful; and in the post-sales process handling challenging customer issues when escalation is required.
It's a unique and exciting mixture between technical evangelists, DevOps, and SRE, for a unique company that is redefining what performance looks like in the NoSQL arena.
Why ScyllaDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s building the Database Monster – a next-generation NoSQL database focused on innovation and lightning performance.
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is the engineering
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
- A truly remote-friendly work culture
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Operations – Systems Administration, DevOps, Network Administration in a Linux based environment:
- We prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (specifically Linux), networks (including firewalls, switches, and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP). Experience with containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, swarm) is also a plus.
- Database Administration – SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL) and NoSQL We prefer experience in one or more of Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.(Scylla, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc) are a plus
- We prefer experience in one or more of Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.
- Extra bonus points if you’ve used those skills with distributed systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases) or enterprise infrastructure (e.g. public/private cloud, virtualized DCs, or container clusters).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
Location: Earth. Candidates in the International Space Station will not be considered at this time due to concerns with link latency.