The Technical Evangelist will help propel Scylla usage in the marketplace by creating content and integrations that our users will be excited about consuming. From making sure that examples of usage exist and are sound to improving existing integrations and client applications and spreading the word in social media and conferences — if you care about making NoSQL technology easier and nicer to consume, that’s the job for you
Why ScyllaDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s building the Database Monster – a next-generation NoSQL database focused on innovation and lightning performance
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
- A truly remote-friendly work culture
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Operations – Systems Administration, DevOps, Network Administration in a Linux based environment:
We prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (specifically Linux), networks (including firewalls, switches and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP). Experience with containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, swarm) is also a plus.
- Database Administration – SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL) and NoSQL We prefer experience in one or more of Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala (Scylla, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc) are a plus
- We prefer experience in one or more in Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.
- Bonus points if you’ve used those skills with distributed systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases) or enterprise infrastructure (e.g. public/private cloud, virtualized DCs or container clusters).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
Earth. Candidates in the International Space Station will not be considered at this time due to concerns with link latency.